Saturday, November 1, 2008

Micrometer - Mike for Short

To learn to be a machinist, one has to learn about the tools of the trade. One of the tools is a micrometer. The micrometer is used to measure distance. The distance is determined in small increments, parts of an inch ..... smaller than half an inch .... smaller than 1/4 of an inch .... smaller than 1/8 of an inch ..... smaller than 1/16 of an inch .......
The micrometer measures in increments of 1/1,000 of an inch (about half the thickness of a human hair).
I showed my little sister a micrometer. "Charlotte, look at the micrometer," I said.
I could tell by the astonishment in her face that she was impressed.
Then she exclaimed,"Nuh-uh ..... no way! That's not YOUR crometer. That's Daddy's crometer!"



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike!
How r u

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.