Saturday, October 6, 2012

Machinist School - Mr Reese's, King of Magnets


Mister Reese's, King of Magnets ...... except they spell it "Hysteresis". It looks like hysterical but it is pronounced "Hister Reece's".
Hysteresis is a science word that means measurable delayed-effect.
Like, if you put a Reese's peanut butter cup in your mouth, it takes about 2 seconds before you realize how good it is. Then you smile. The hysteresis is 2 seconds.
With magnets, when the magnet moves past a coil, it takes the coil a little time to realize .... "Zoom! There went a magnet!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thx again